April is Financial Literacy Month.
Here are some of the activities we have planned:
Community Resource & Wellness Fairs!
Community Fairs are a wonderful opportunity to speak with Consumer Credit Counselors and Educators for the first time. You have the opportunity to receive brief advice and some direction on what your very next steps should be!
· Community Resource Fair on Thursday, April 3rd from 2 PM – 5 PM at North Collins Senior Center (1106 Gowanda State Road, North Collins, NY 14111)
· Health Fair on Sunday, April 6th from 10 AM – 3 PM at the Hamburg & Erie County Fairgrounds-Events Center (5600 McKinley Pkwy, Hamburg, New York 14075)
Financial Education Classes!
Financial education classes are offered throughout Western New York and available to anyone for free. If you are interested in scheduling a class for your group, please call our Community Outreach Department at 716-712-2064.
· Credit Repair Presentation at the Buffalo Central Library (1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY 14203) on April 9th from 12 PM – 1 PM.
· Financial Success Workshop at the American Red Cross (786 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo NY 14209) on April 19th from 10 AM – 1 PM.
Speak with a Counselor!
Any education class (below) followed by a counseling session is the perfect way to get to the root of trouble. Individuals are always welcome to schedule an appointment at any one of our counseling locations throughout the Buffalo-Niagara area by calling 716-712-2060. Specialty sessions are available below:
· Financial Counseling for Veterans, at the Veteran’s OneStop Center (1280 Main Street, Buffalo NY 14209). Available April 2nd, 9th, 14th, 16th, 21st, 23rd, 28th, and 30th from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Counselors are available for Veterans and their families to discuss a variety of financial concerns.
· Individualized Credit Report Education & Counseling at the Civil Legal Advice & Resource Office (CLARO) Project located at the BFNC-Hope Center (2495 Main Street, Suite 330 on the 3rd Floor, Buffalo NY 14214). Available April 1st, 8th, 22nd, and 30th from 5 PM – 7 PM. During this time a counselor will be available to retrieve and review your credit report from one of the major credit bureaus through www.AnnualCreditReport.com.